Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Cafe Mexico, Market Square Victoria

Cafe Mexico on Urbanspoon

I Went to Cafe Mexico for a late lunch the other day. Although there has been some mixed reviews about this place, I can't find too much to complain about. I think some people are setting their standards too high (remember people this is Victoria, not the southern US or Mexico).

Even for being a Mexican restaurant in Victoria, their food wasn't bad, granted the pulled pork in the Enchilada meal was a little dry, the rest of my meal was pretty decent. The tortilla soup was quite impressive, in fact, I would go back just for the soup, not to mention their guacamole was some of the best I have ever eaten.

Now, if you (the reader) are looking for negative feed back, well, here is the best I can come up with; the re-fried beans and the Mexican rice were both a little on the bland side (nothing a little hot sauce can't fix) and as mentioned earlier the pulled pork was a little dry. Other than that, it was good. And hey, you can't beat the prices, pork enchilada meal for about $11.

0 comments:

Post a Comment