Sunday, March 25, 2012

Mai's Vietnamese Restaurant, Langley BC

Mai's Vietnamese Restaurant on Urbanspoon

Unfortunately, due to the nature of my work, I spend a lot of time traveling; however, on up side it gives me plenty of opportunities to try new restaurants. Recently, while staying in the Langley I had the pleasure of stumbling across Mai's Vietnamese Restaurant. Now, I will not profess to be an expert on Vietnamese cuisine, but I will say that I do enjoy it.

Mai's isn't your typical Vietnamese restaurant, it comes off as a little more upscale than most I have been to. As I noted earlier, I am not an expert on Vietnamese; therefore, I tend to stick to what I know (BBQ Pork, Vermicelli & Spring Rolls or Pho). This time I chose the Vermicelli, BBQ Pork and Spring Rolls ($16). I must say that the pork was delicious and the spring rolls were also very good. I have had better spring rolls, but I wouldn't kick these ones out of bed for eating crackers. Seriously, they were pretty good. I cannot comment on the service or the overall dining experience since, I got my food to go. I will say though, that the food was made fast, the portions were large, it tasted fantastic and the price was reasonable.

I enjoyed Mai's so much that I went back again for the same thing on the last day of my stay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That price is very expensive for Vietnamese Food. I have gone on daily deal sites such as hungrybuy com or redpocket to get 50% off the bill at many of the asian restaurant in Vancouver. Ask them to see if they have coupons out there you should look for.

Anonymous said...

As Anonymous (May 5, 2012 1:09 am) said, it might be very expensive for Vietnamese food - but as a Langley resident, I've got to say that this is a reasonable price for that whole meal. Vietnamese food is so underpriced here.

I love Mai's and would recommend it wholeheartedly.

Post a Comment