Saturday, February 16, 2013

Irish Times, Downtown Victoria

Irish Times on Urbanspoon

Well, the name says it all; Irish Times is an Irish pub in downtown Victoria. Typical of most Irish bars it has some old world charm and a tonne of beers.

Usually, when I go to an Irish pub food is not typically on the fore front of my mind; rather, dark beer. Lucky for me Irish times has a great selection of dark beers and a decent menu which is inspired by traditional UK eats.

Most recently I tried their Bangers and Mash and I must say that it was delicious. Imagine a mound of mashed potatoes, covered in fried cabbage, sauteed mushrooms and a rich helping of delicious gravy; all of which was accompanied by to out of this world lamb sausage. If that wasn't tempting enough it was all served up for under $20.

If the large selection of beer and great food hasn't enticed you yet; Irish times also is a great bar with old world charm and live music.

Check it out, I am sure you won't be disappointed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment