Monday, April 2, 2012

Shiki Sushi, Downtown

Shiki Sushi on Urbanspoon

I find Victoria to have an abundant amount of Japanese restaurants; unfortunately, most of them aren't very good. I may have found one place that steps away from the norm a little and produces some half decent (retract that) good Japanese food.

Shiki Sushi puts a modern spin on your typical Japanese restaurant, both in the decor and the creative rolls the chefs concoct.

My wife and I ordered some of our usual Japanese faves: Beef Tataki ($8.95), Tuna & Salmon Sashimi ($11.95) and a couple of rolls. For the rolls we decided on the My-My-Mai!! (Tempura Prawn, Crab, Cucumber Cream Cheese, Spicy Sauce Topped with Salmon and Masago on Sauce)- $11.95 and the Sunshine Roll (Crab, Cream Cheese and Cucumber Topped with Mango, Avocado and Sauce) - $11.95.


They started off by serving us the Beef Tataki which I must say I was slightly disappointed in. The beef was cut slightly too thick and the ponzu sauce tasted off. However, the rest of the meal was great. The fish tasted fresh and was cut nicely, making it melt in your mouth. The rolls were both fantastic. I especially like the My-My-Mai roll. The cream cheese and crab tempura played exquisitely off of the spicy sauce. KUDOS to the Chefs for these fabulous rolls.

Overall, we had a fantastic dinner (minus the Tataki) and the service was great as well. I will definitely be back.

p.s. sorry about the bad picture, first time with the new Black Berry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment