Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Fairmont Empress, The Empress Room

Empress Room (at The Fairmont Empress) on Urbanspoon

What can I say about the Empress other than AMAZING!

If you enjoy fine dining and are willing to pay fine dining prices, then you have to eat at the Empress Room at the Fairmont Empress.

I went there with my fiance for an anniversary a few years back, and we still can't stop thinking about the most amazing dining experience that we ever had...thank you Empress!


When we went there, they were featuring the First Class meal that was eaten on the Titanic.

We both ordered the special and the wine pairings to go with it. The dinner started off with a nice light consume and salad, then came the main course; steak, frois grois and tiny squashes. The main course was out of this world and the service was second to none.  Dessert was creme brule (the best I ever had).

The thing about The Empress Room is that you definitely get what you paid for and more! Each server has only about 2 to 3 tables at the most so, you are waited on hand and foot. We also had the manager bringing the wine pairings and explaining in detail the reason they were chosen, where the wine was from and any other questions you might have.

I can't stop thinking of the amazing service, at one point I had to excuse myself to use the facilities, and while I was away, our server sat at the table so my fiance didn't feel left alone.

The only downfall (a small one at that) is that when we were leaving we realized that they had forgotten our final wine pairing. I informed the manager of it, as we already paid our bill, and she was more than apologetic. She set us up on their veranda to enjoy the final pairing and then got us into the Bengal Lounge. Once arriving at the Bengal Lounge, we realized that the Lounge's manager was our personal server and that everything we had for the rest of the night was on the hotel.

I can't say enough good things about our dining experience and truly believe that dining at the Empress is one of those things that everyone should do at least once. It may be expensive, but it is definitely worth every penny.


I give the Empress Room 5 out of 5 Stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment