Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Garlic Rose, Langford BC - CLOSED

Six months or so ago, we decided to make our dining out experience a family affair. We decided that every month we would try a new restaurant giving each family member (there's three of us) a chance to pick the restaurant.

For our first month, our son was given the opportunity to pick the place as part of celebratory meal for his straight "A" report card. He chose the Garlic Rose in Langford. I had heard good things about the Garlic Rose, and their parking lot was always busy so I figured it must be good. The Garlic Rose touts themselves as serving AAA Angus Reserve Premium Steaks, Westcoast and Mediterranean Cuisine.

The atmosphere is kinda rustic and has a neat feel when you walk in the doors. The menu is quite large and it took me a while to finally decide what I wanted to eat.

Our son got a steak and potato meal (nothing out of the ordinary) and my fiance and I ordered "the Rose Platter".  The service was decent and the food came fairly quickly; however, I wasn't overly impressed with the quality of our meal. Although it looked quite extravagant on delivery the meat was satisfactory at best, and unfortunately a little overcooked for our liking.

I would give the Garlic Rose 2 out of 5 stars.

Garlic Rose on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment