Saturday, January 8, 2011

Ric's Grill

My fiance was given gift certificates to Ric's a couple of years ago. We decided that it would be nice the use the certificates to go out for a nice dinner with the people that were important to us.
We arrived at Ric's about 6pm and were seated fairly quickly even though they were quite busy. The atmosphere was like that of many other steak houses trying to be high end chic; however, it was quite noisy (I wouldn't recommend if you are looking for intimate dinner). After being seated we waited for about 10 min before our server arrived to see if we were thirsty and to explain the nightly specials. Our server returned about 10 min later with our drinks; and to check if we were ready to order. As most people who go to a steak house for dinner, I wanted to order a nice steak. My fiance ordered a bottle of wine for us all to share and the Pistachio Crusted Halibut. I tried ordering the Prime Rib (they were sold out), then I tried the New York Strip (sold out), so I finally had to settle for the Filet Mignon.

Our food took almost an hour and a half to arrive and when it finally did, the Halibut was extremely overcooked to the point where it was rubbery and tough to eat
. My steak was okay, but all of our sides were cold. I don't think there was one of us that enjoyed our meal; and for prices in the $30 - $35 cdn per person price, you would hope that it would be at least decent! After getting our food (again 1 1/2hrs later) we didn't see our server again until we had to flag her down to get the bill.

We expressed our disappointment to the manager and she was extremely apologetic.  Our meal was comped and we were given another $100.00 in gift certificates to give them another chance. I thought this was very professional of the restaurant and decided it would be worth trying again (everyone deserves a second chance...)

We went back about a week later, the service was better, but the food was still mediocre.

I would give Ric's 2 stars out of 5.

Ric's Grill on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment