Friday, August 5, 2011

Amrikko's Indian Cuisine, View Royal

Amrikko's Indian Cuisine on Urbanspoon

It has been a while since I posted anything; in fact, since I have eaten anything worth writing about.

However, that changed when I tried Amrikko's, so far, they one of the best Indian restaurants I have eaten at in Victoria. Now, I haven't tried them all, but I can say with absolute certainty that they are better than Spice Jammer and definitely head and shoulders above Sabri's! I grew up in Surrey, BC and I can say that the Indian food there is far superior, but for Victoria Amrikko's is decent.

My fiance and I ordered the Pakora's, Butter chicken, Matar Paneer, Rice and Naan. The Pakora's were slightly different than I am used to seeing at Indian restaurants; and they were slightly on the salty side, but not bad. My favorite part of the meal was the Butter Chicken and the Naan. This is the best Butter Chicken I have eaten on the Island; and the Nann was HUGE. Their Nann was by far the biggest and best Nann I have ever eaten...anywhere!

My only complaint; a small one at that is that their Matar Paneer wasn't great. The paneer itself was quite large and undercooked; otherwise, we had a great meal.

I would definitely go back to Amrikko's.

0 comments:

Post a Comment