Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Taverna Greka, New Westminster

Taverna Greka on Urbanspoon

I was on a business trip in New Westminster earlier this week; and, while walking with a co-worker down Columbia street we stumbled across Taverna Greka. As we were both starving and had hit about the end of the road - for dining choices, we decided to treat ourselves to a nice Greek dinner.

Taverna Greka isn't much to look at from the street, but it has a new modern feel upon walking in the doors. We were seated by the back of the restaurant with a nice waterfront view of the water; unfortunately, the water was the "dirty" Fraser River. All joking aside, I can't complain about the view, I actually enjoyed watching the tugs pull log booms down the river.

My co-worker decided on the Roast Lamb dinner and I the Calamari dinner. Both meals were served with rice pilaf, roasted potatoes, Greek salad and bread with tzatziki sauce. It wasn't my favorite Greek dining experience, but the food was decent. If I have any complaints about the food it would be this: both the roast potato and the calamari were a tad on the bland side. However, the Greek Salad was fresh and loaded with Feta. My co-worker absolutely loved his lamb and raved about the meal the next day at the office. With a pint of beer each, dinner landed us $24 a piece (including taxes); and, we both left their stuffed to the "gills"

0 comments:

Post a Comment