Saturday, November 19, 2011

Golden Lion, Langford

Golden Lion on Urbanspoon

Now, I am not one who normally enjoys "Canadianized" Chinese food; especially, in Langford! In my experience there isn't much for choice in Langford and the restaurants you can choose from tend not to be that great (see reviews on Happy Wok and Asian Noodle House).

My wife came home with her sister last night and were craving some Chinese take-away.  We decided to try Golden Lion. I must mention that I have ordered from Golden Lion once before; however, it was quite a while ago,  I will say, I quite enjoyed it. We ordered the Wonton Soup, Crispy Ginger Beef, Mushroom Chow Mien, House Fried Rice (rice, veggies, egg, chicken, bbq pork & shrimp) and Sweet & Sour Pork. I chose to pick it up as I had some other errands to run before hand and was surprised that  it would only take 15 minutes to be ready. I arrived about 20 minutes after ordering and our food was ready and piping hot.




I can't review the whole meal as I stayed away from the wonton soup and sweet & sour pork. I don't mind the taste of wonton soup; however, the texture is a little hard for me to swallow. As for sweet & sour pork - I actually find it quite gross. From what I did eat though - I would have to recommend Golden Lion. The staff are friendly; the food is fresh and well seasoned. In fact their Ginger Beef was some of the best I have eaten on the Island.

If you are going to order Chinese food in Langford -- order from Golden Lion, it is the best you'll find.

0 comments:

Post a Comment