Thursday, November 17, 2011

Marble Slab Creamery, Westshore (Langford)

Marble Slab Creamery on Urbanspoon

Stopped by the Marble Slab in Millstream Village last night, this is only my second time going to Marble Slab, but I quite like it. Actually, I think I have just been on a ice cream kick lately; who would have thunk it - craving ice cream when it is snowing outside.

If you haven't been to a Marble Slab before it is much the same as other ice cream places; except, Marble Slab adds a bit of a twist to the normal ice cream experience. You have the option of having your ice cream mixed with a variety of toppings. Now, I know what your thinking, but this is a little more special than adding topping to ice cream. In fact their experienced staff mash and blend your ingredients together on an ice cold metal tray - I tend to think it is an anti-griddle, but don't want to speculate encase I am wrong. Either way, the ice cream comes out just the way you want it: delicious!

All of Marble Slab's ice cream and waffle cones are made fresh. So, you are definitely getting your money's worth. Everyone always tells me that Marble Slab is so expensive, but I beg to differ. I actually believe that their prices are right on par and comparable to places like Dairy Queen and Qoola. They charge somewhere between $4-$5 for two scoops and a waffle cone.

They also do up some mean ice cream cakes. It was my stepson's 16th birthday today; and as any teenager he absolutely loves ice cream. We ordered him a Snickerdoodle ice cream cake ($24) that was simply devine. I would even argue that their ice cream cake is better than Dairy Queen's. Don't get me wrong though, I still love Dairy Queen's cakes.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love Marble Slab in Langford but the service by the owner ( women ) do not like when you use coupon or groupon. You can feel it. We go there probably twice a month, we buy ice cream cake for all our birthday and also litter of ice cream. I am very upset about this women, she should not serve any customers, she has a bad attitude. Let your husband serve the customers, he knows how to deal with them. Keep going on production...it's all you can do...

Post a Comment