Sunday, January 29, 2012

Duke's Dockside Grill, Campbell River BC

Duke's Dockside Grill on Urbanspoon

Duke's is a small little joint on Hwy 19A near the junction with Hwy 19. With only about 15 tables Duke's is a place frequented by the locals and sometimes stumbled across by the tourists.

Duke's serves up mainly American diner fair, and having a fairly large menu it made somewhat difficult for me to make up my mind. However, there was one menu item that I just couldn't seem to pass up - the Duke's Biggest Sandwich N Rivercity ($11.99). This sandwich is piled high with shaved beef, grilled onions, mushrooms, peppers and smothered in melted cheese all on french bread. Now, if that doesn't seem filling enough it is all served with Duke's home fries or substitute soup for $1.99.

Wow, believe me when I tell you that the sandwich lives up to it's name. This thing was like a Quizno's foot long on steroids! The sandwich has good flavour; however, it was a little dry. The real star of the meal was the fries. Duke's adds something to their fries to make them irresistibly addicting. My guess is they add curry powder, parsley and salt...which sounds out of place on fries, but really works well. I suggest getting a side of gravy for the fries, but more importantly to aid with the slightly dry sandwich.

Overall, huge portions, decent prices and good fries.

0 comments:

Post a Comment