Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Giovanni's Shrimp Truck - North Shore, Oahu HI

Giovanni's Shrimp Truck on Urbanspoon

Oahu has to be the home of the food truck and the shrimp truck seems to out number them all. And in an Island littered with shrimp trucks I think I found the King - Giovanni's in Kahuku on the North Shore of Oahu.

Giovanni's actually has two shrimp trucks; one in Haleiwa and the other in Kahuku. Now, there is no rime or reason why I picked the Kahuku location other than it was on my way to the Polynesian Cultural Center. Now if your wondering how to get their, don't fret, drive to Haleiwa then head east. You can't miss the old white bus, covered in grafiti and converted into a food truck; if that isn't clear enough for you then look for the long lines, smoke and the smell of shrimp and garlic.


As I mentioned the lines are long, but they are definitely worth the wait. I can't speak to all of their dishes, but I will recommend the shrimp scampi. In actual fact, I found it hard to chose between the hot and spicy shrimp and the scampi. However, I believe I got the best of both worlds, I ordered the  scampi and they threw in a side of the hot sauce for free.



The shrimp were cooked in olive oil, fresh cut garlic and lemon butter; and, boy were they delicious. When you order the scampi they also cover your two scoops of rice with the same garlic, olive oil and lemon butter sauce (delicious). My shrimp were cooked to perfection - I guess it helps if you do it every day; however, my wife's were slightly overcooked, oh well....they were still delicious.

I definitely recommend checking out Giovanni's while in the North Shore; better yet, go to the Haleiwa location and then get some shave ice from Aoki's to finish it off.

1 comments:

Suain Logistic said...

really great post. great work. fantastic share.

Post a Comment