Thursday, April 12, 2012

Zin Sushi & Noodle, Langford

Zin Sushi & Noodle on Urbanspoon

Once again - Sushi Disaster!

Why is it that every time I try and go out for decent sushi; I find myself disappointed and wishing I had just saved my money and gone to McDonalds's or some other fast food joint.

We started off with a Bubble Tea each and for food, I ordered the Bulgogi (Korean BBQ Beef) and a Deep Fried Spicy Tuna Roll. My wife and son ordered the dinner bento boxes; which came with sunomono salad, miso, teriyaki beef or chicken, 3 pcs of nigiri (salmon, tuna and ebi) and a piece of semi-frozen cheese cake.

The bubble tea's were all very good; unfortunately, I can't say the same for the food. The noodles used in the sunomono were slightly thicker than normal and the broth was way too lemony. The the nigiri was scary at best and looked as though it was cut by a five year old with a dull knife. The part of the nigiri that seemed the most off putting was the big brown spot in her salmon (eww). The bulgogi was okay at best and looked and tasted almost identical to the teriyaki beef my son had. As for the deep fried spicy tuna roll - it was okay, but nothing to rave about.

I was also slightly disappointed with the service at Zin Sushi. It wasn't overly busy, but they only had one waitress on to cover the tables and the front counter which also served as a bubble tea bar. To say that we rarely seen our server is an understatement. Oh did I mention she only gave us one saucer for our teriyaki for the whole table to share.

Overall - good bubble tea and bad everything else.

...the search for decent Japanese food continues...

0 comments:

Post a Comment