Thursday, November 3, 2011

Passero's, Victoria (Downtown)

Passero's on Urbanspoon

Passero's, is a Greek/Italian restaurant located at Cook Street and Yates. From the outside it looks quite large; however, the inside reveals a small intimate restaurant where the staff are friendly and welcoming.

The menu at Passero's was much smaller than other Greek restaurants I have been too; thus, making it quicker to choose what to eat - or did it... I settled on the spinach pie (Spanakopita) with roast potato and seasonal veggies ($14). To my disappointment no Greek salad was offered with the meal - instead you could pay $7 for a starter (no thanks!). After waiting about 35-40 minutes for our food, thinking we might have to order another glass of wine each before dinner, our waiter came to our hunger rescue carrying four plates of food. Unfortunately, after waiting what seemed to be an eternity, I dived into my spanakopita only to reveal a super tough pastry and under-seasoned filling. A pinch more salt and a tad more fetta would have kicked it up a notch; nonetheless, it was edible and not the worst restaurant food I have ever eaten. As for the rest of my meal, the potato was as good as any Greek style potato I have eaten and the seasonal veggies were a bit overcooked.

All in all, I think the food matched the price we paid. As the old saying goes "you get what you pay for" and in this case; I got mediocre food for a cheap price. Oh and the atmosphere was pleasant; the staff were friendly; so maybe, I got more than I paid for.

0 comments:

Post a Comment