Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Auntie Pesto's - Salt Spring Island, BC

Auntie Pesto's on Urbanspoon

I was on Salt Spring Island today and was searching for somewhere to stop for coffee when I stumbled across Auntie Pesto's. Auntie Pesto's is a small little cafe tucked away in the back corner of the town centre in Ganges; and I am glad I found it.

I ordered a regular coffee and was pleasantly surprised when the owner told me that their regular cofffee is actually an americano - Wow! I couldn't believe it most cafe's charge extra for good coffee, but at Auntie Pesto's good coffee is the norm. I must say that they make a great americano. They start with piping hot water then pull the perfect shot of espresso (about 18 sec). On first taste you can tell the espresso beans are fresh and ground for each cup.

Originally I was just going in for a coffee, but the owner managed to twist my arm into ordering a scone to go with it. I decided on the roasted red pepper and Parmesan  scone; and once again, I was glad I did. The scone was cut in half, toasted, buttered and served with a side of strawberry preserves.

In my short dining experience in Ganges, I would have to say that Auntie Pesto's is a must visit for anyone looking for good food and a great cup of Joe.

3 comments:

Auntie Pestos Cafe said...

Thanks for the feedback, and we're certainly glad you enjoyed your visit to our shop!

Best Regards,

Shawn Walton

port melbourne pizza said...

I never saw such a remarkable description of coffee café. Coffee cafe is a place where everyone has some memories bind with it. These memories rewind in my mind after reading this blog.
port melbourne pizza

VictoriaRestaurantBlog said...

Well, I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed Auntie Pesto's Cafe. If I am ever back in Salt Spring I will be sure to hit it up again.

I am happy that you enjoyed this review and that it could incite fond memories for you.

Take care,

Average Joe's

Post a Comment