Thursday, April 11, 2013

Bin 4 Burger Lounge - Langford

Bin 4 Burger Lounge on Urbanspoon

 Update: I have been back to Bin 4 a few times since this review. I must say that I have enjoyed it much more on the subsequent visits. I have found the Dirty Bourbon to be my favourite of the burger choices; and, can't pass up their delicious onion rings.

__________________________________________________________________________

Bin 4 opened it's second location recently in the Westshore. And after much anticipation and hype from friends I decided to try it.

Located next to the Chevron on Goldstream and home to the first Langford Fire Rescue station #1 . Bin 4 has re-vamped the former fire station and most recently bank to create a modern vibrant restaurant. I've also heard that they have converted the former bank vault into their walk in fridge (you know it must be well insulated).

All of the burgers on the menu seem very appetizing; and, all of them are reasonably priced. It took me a while to settle on the "Pre-Season Favourite" ($13), but the sounds of jalapeno guacamole and brushetta reeled me in. Unfortunately for me, the burger didn't live up to its description. In fact, if I hadn't read the menu description I would have guessed I was eating a piece of meatloaf on a bun. Granted it was a good bun.

Let me back up a bit here, I don't mean to slag Bin 4; especially, since everyone I talk to loves it. I simply mean to say that their burger wasn't what I was expecting given all the hype.

However, I have to base my review on what I ate. In my humble opinion this burger is not a traditional burger, but rather constructed much like meatloaf. If you don't know what I mean, a traditional burger should let the flavour of the meat speak for itself and not rely upon a tonne of seasonings and binders to create it. This is where the burger fell flat. The overpowering flavour of garlic and the dry burger patty took away from all of the delicious ingredients placed upon it.

Apart from my burger experience, I did enjoy some of the menu items at Bin 4. Their Iced Tea is delicious and my wife raved about their salad.

Please don't get me wrong, I didn't detest the burger I simply think it wasn't the right choice for me. I will give it another try just, this time I will go for something a little more simpler.


5 comments:

Linda said...

I would most likely enjoy the salad and iced tea. Thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

Their Big Fat Greek lamb burger is fantastic! Try it next time.

Unknown said...

Next time try the Big Fat Greek Burger it's so delicious.

Al from Edmonton said...

The Bison burger was great, not at all like meat loaf. Don't get me wrong
I like that too.

Unknown said...

The beef has NO fillers in it at all, allowing it to be a allergen free. At the time of cooking salt and pepper are the only thing added to the completely organic meat. Believe me the meat used definitely speaks for itself.

Post a Comment