Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Crystal Jade, Saanich BC

Crystal Jade on Urbanspoon

Time after time, I get suckered into a Chinese buffet for lunch. Continually, I find myself leaving disappointed and kicking myself for yet another poor lunch decision. Well, the case of the Crystal Jade in Saanich is no different. Crystal Jade has surely found a spot in my top 5 worst Chinese restaurants; see my post on the Lotus Inn for the top of the list.

Crystal Jade offers a lunch buffet for approximately $15. On first impressions, I was greeted by a friendly host and noticed a huge restaurant with approximately 10 people eating their. When it comes to the buffet I have to ask myself - what buffet? I found bad tasting wonton soup; a tonne of carbs;  some old looking french fries; and a couple of pieces of broccoli. Okay, okay there was probably a few more items, but the one thing I noted was that there was little to no meat. The beef and broccoli was missing the beef and was never renewed during my stay. The only other thing that resembled meat was the florescent red sweet and sour pork dish.

Now, some of you might think that I am food snob and that the Crystal Jade actually has some decent food. Let me assure you that I didn't eat alone and not one of us at the table enjoyed our meal. In fact, the one comment that stands out to me was that the food tasted old. I think that comment alone can some up our experience.

If you ever take my advice on anything - take it on this. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THE CRYSTAL JADE

0 comments:

Post a Comment