Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Eating my way to Orlando, FL

Recently I had the pleasure of taking a work related trip to Orlando, Florida. Anyone who travels knows that you tend to eat out more than usual when on the road. And what better time then when traveling to try out some new spots and revisit some old faves.


My trip to the YVR started off with a stop at one of my old Burnaby favorites: Fish on Rice. I know, I know, this place gets some mixed review. I will be the first to tell you that some nights the fish is not that great, but when they are on, they put out some of the best sushi I have ever eaten. The one constantly good thing that brings me back over an over again is the beef tataki, oh, and did I mention it is all you can eat!
Fish on Rice (Burnaby) on Urbanspoon

Cheddar Biscuits
Number two: Red Lobster, Destination Parkway, Orlando Florida, USA
Now, this may not be something most Americans would blog about, but being from Victoria, I have never had the opportunity to dine at a Red Lobster. After a long day of traveling, we decided to walk across the street from our hotel and grab a bite. I had the crab pot as it was their crab extravaganza (or something or other). The soft shell crab was decent; however, the best part of the whole dinner was the cheddar cheese biscuits! I think, their commercials make it look better than it actually is (kudos to the media person, I would demand a raise).
Red Lobster on Urbanspoon

Number three: B.B. Kings Blues Club, Point Orlando
This place serves up some delicious southern food and some rockin' blues bands to accompany it. Both the cat fish and the chicken fried chicken were delicious. Oh, and did I mention the tamales were delicious as well. Next time your in Orlando check it out, you won't be dissapointed (unless you use the bathrooms :( )
B.B. King's Blues Club on Urbanspoon



Number 4: Buca di Beppo - Florida Mall, Orlando Fl.
Buca serves up some delicious Italian food just like you were a home. It is family style dining and everything they serve up is in HUGE portions. I am sure it isn't the best Italian food ever, but it is probably the best bang for you buck. Buca is one of the places I have to eat at if I am in the U.S. and if you try it, I am sure it will be the same for you.


Buca di Beppo on Urbanspoon

Well, that concludes my culinary adventures in Orlando. We ate out a bunch more times, but at nothing worth writing about.

0 comments:

Post a Comment